Monday 16 May 2016

Working to a brief documents and evaluation

Storyboards




Call Sheet

Risk Assessment




Final video

Evaluation

How did your team worked together?
I feel that my team worked well and cooperated with each other. There were no disputes over any aspects on making the film. I felt that when we took on this project, we managed to listen to each others ideas and take them all in to develop a final idea. I think we all took on board what we said to each other and managed to come out with the best idea that worked for us all.

The only criticism on our team work would be that we were rarely all together as a group. There was often one of us missing when we needed to plan. We managed to overcome this problem by simply catching people up on what they had missed. We also made sure we all knew when our shooting date was so we were all available when it came too it.

How did you contribute?
My biggest contribution to this project was completing a lot of the pre production documents. I took this task as other people in my group were in charge of organising actors and shooting. I did still assist with the shoot however I was not recording or working on sound, I was just simply helping out with smaller ways like setting up the lighting. I also booked out the equipment and the photography studio in which we filmed in.

Did you hit the brief?
We managed to hit the Mofilm brief. The brief stated that they wanted all submissions to be submitted on Monday 2nd and we managed to have it completed and submitted on the Friday before this.

Where did you go wrong?
The main problem with our production was that we could not film as much as we had planned. We wanted to do two shoots in different locations. This did not happen because we could not get the actors and location needed on the date we had planned to shoot. We could not reschedule on a day that worked for everyone. We managed to overcome this problem by just using our first shoot and editing it in a different way than what we had planned. When doing this shoot we had an idea that we might not be able to shoot again and therefore filmed some extra shots that became useful in the end.

Any Client Feedback
The client (Mofilm) has not been back in touch with any feedback or a review to this date.

Peer Review Information
I have asked some peers to give me a review on our video so I know how to improve next time to satisfy the client more.

This is one of the reviews I got:
The video was humorous which is what the client was looking for and was edited effectively. Quaker state was not mentioned until the end of the video and this leaves the viewer wondering what the ad is actually about.


I am happy with this feedback as I too felt that it was edited well. Especially considering the clips we had were less than we had intended. I will take in to account the criticism and apply it to the next time I try and shoot an ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment