Wednesday 7 January 2015

Editing Practical

Editing Practical assignment
 

I have recently made a short 1 minute film. After I recorded all my shots I had to edit them to get the best out of my video.
To start with my editing I had to take all my clips and ingest them onto Adobe Premiere Pro. To do this I had to use Adobe Prelude.









 In these screenshots I have selected to ingest my clips from the file option. I have then looked through my files and selected my shots that I need for the film. By Ingesting them I am making sure they run without any problems for when I send it to Premiere Pro.


This shows my clips after I have ingested them. I then highlighted them all and right clicked and I am presented with the option to send them to Premiere Pro.
This shows all my clips in Adobe Premiere Pro.  I am going to add all of these on to a timeline and cut them down to appropriate lengths.
This shows all my clips added onto the timeline. I have cropped them down so that they are the length that I intended them to be and they meet the 1 minute deadline.
The next part to my editing will be adding the sound in. I had recorded some ambient sound from when I was filming which I am going to add to company my clips.

  I have opened up Adobe Audition. In here I will edit my sound clips. I have copied the sound clip over so it lasts the duration needed. You cannot tell that the sound repeats as it is just ambience. I have also made it fade out at the end so when the film ends the music slowly does as well.
I am now going to drag the saved Audition file over onto my film.


This shows my film after I have added in the ambient sound. The sound goes right through to the end of the film.
I have now looked and found a sound effect from freeSFX.com. The sound effect is from an FA Cup Final. I have downloaded the sound and have copied it over onto my film.  
This shows my film after I have added the sound effects in. I have added it on to the second audio line so it can play along with the ambient sound. I have cropped it so it only plays over the shots that I want it to and it only plays the part of the sound clip I want.
This print screen shows I am colour correcting my first shot. I am using the effects Luma Curve and Fast Colour Corrector. The Luma Curve lets me control the brightness on the shots and the fast colour corrector lets me add more of a certain colour to it
This is the first shot as I took it, before I used colour correction.


This is the shot after I had colour corrected it. By doing this I have made the shot darker as I thought it was a bit too bright and I also thought there was too much blue so I used the colour corrector to add more yellow which is opposite to blue on the colour scale.
After doing the same to the rest of my clips, I now have a short film that I am happy with.
I am now going to export the video so I can put it on YouTube. 


I am now exporting my video. By doing this I am changing the file type so I can upload it to YouTube.
This is my final film and it has been uploaded to YouTube.

  









No comments:

Post a Comment